Devoted Wire-Wrapped Crystal Pendant
This project uses Swarovski crystals. Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Cut a length of wire 20" long, or longer if desired. It is better to have plenty of wire for wire-wrapping the heart pendant, depending on how much of the crystal you want to cover.
- Make a 90-degree bend in the wire about 1.5-2" from the end.
- Slide the crystal heart pendant onto the wire it reaches the bend in the wire.
- Wrap the longer piece of wire around the shorter piece a few times.
- Use round-nose pliers to create a double wrapped loop at the top with the short piece of wire. Cut the excess wire and tuck in the wire with the round-nose pliers.
- Wrap the longer wire around the crystal heart, covering the hole and as much of the crystal as you desire, but not so much that you can't tell it is a heart.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- After you cover as much of the crystal as you want, wrap the wire back over the wraps and wrap several times near the top. Cut the excess and tuck the wire in with round-nose pliers.
- Add 2 jump rings to the loop on the top.
- Cut chain to desired length, and slide on the crystal pendant.
- Finish the necklace with a lobster clasp and jump ring.
- 1 spool [use 20"] #46-402-14 Artistic Wire® Copper Wire, 22ga, 45ft - Tinned Copper
- 1 each #06-261-27 Swarovski Crystal Pendant Devoted 2 U Heart 27mm (your choice of color)
- 1 spool [use 28"] #40-099-11-1 White Plated Cable Chain Spool, Diamond Cut, 2.1mm
or 3 feet [use 28"] of #40-090-11-1 White Plated Cable Chain by the Foot, Diamond Cut, 2.1mm
- 1 ounce [use 4] #37-136-1 White Plated Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-343-1 White Plated Lobster Clasp, 12mm
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set, 4 per pack, w velvet tool