Dapped Love Earrings Tutorial
- Stamp "Love" or desired word or pattern on 19mm brass disk, and antique it using Novacan. (See Metal Stamping 101)
- Punch a hole near the top of both disks using the 1/16" side of the 2-hole punch, or your favorite plier punch.
- Dome the disk. See Blog Article: How to Dome and Dap
- Give the domed disk a matte look using #0000 steel wool, or polish to a high shine with an Ultra polish pad.
- With one piece of wire, make a wrapped loop attached to the charm. Add a metal bead, crystal bead, and metal bead, then finish the wrap. See Jewelry Basics 101.
- Open ear wire and attach charm.
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #44-498-0 19mm Round Brass Disk
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #05-328-04-643 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Tanzanite Shimmer 2X
- 1 hundred (use 4 pieces) #26-155-32-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Metal Beads, Rondelle, 3.2mm
- 1 pair #34-398-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Ball End Earwire - 2mm Ball
- 1 spool (use two approx. 1" pieces) #46-402-30 Artistic Wire Copper Jewelry Wire, 22ga, 45ft - Antique Brass
Other Supplies (Optional)
- Brass Hammer
- 3mm - 5mm Alphabet Stamp Set
- Hole Punch
- Dapping Block & Punches
- Novacan or Stamp Enamel
- Sanding Pad or Ultra Polish Pad
- Flush Cutters
- Round-Nose Pliers
- Flat-Nose Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.