Crowned Bobby Pin Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hitchinson
- Use a ready-made silicone mold of your choice or make your own mold with Amazing Mold Putty.
- Lightly dust the mold with metallic powder. Tap off excess.
- Prepare several molds at once. Since Amazing Resin cures quickly, you will want to do all your pouring at one time.
- If you over pour the resin, carefully shave of the excess with a hobby knife.
- Use the sanding sponge to rough up the back of the resin piece and the glue pad on the bobby pin. Use it to clean up edges of casting as needed.
- Because Amazing Resin is so lightweight, you can make a substantial piece without adding much weight.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 each #60-260 Adhesive, E-6000
- 1 each [use a dusting] #82-512-02 Alumilite Metallic Powder
- 1 each #82-544-11 Amazing Mold Putty
- 1 each [use 1/2 oz] #82-502-16 Amazing Resin, 16oz
- 1 0.5 gross [use 1] #30-822-6 Bobby Pin, 10mm Round Pad
- #69-257-0001 Sanding Sponges, 120-180 Grit
- #66-022 Tool, Hobby Knife
- Ready-made silicone mold (if you don't create your own)
- Small paintbrush
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.