For their safety and your health, pearls and shells should always be drilled, reamed, etc underwater.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Cut a small piece of leather to test the hole sizes as you are reaming.
- Hold the pearl and bead reamer tip underwater, and ream in a back and forth motion, from both sides of the hole.
- Cut 8 lengths of leather approx. 48-52" each.
- Tie an overhand knot, about 3-5" from one end, slip on a pearl, and tie another knot to hold it in place. Repeat on the other end of the leather piece. Repeat for each piece of leather.
- Gather the lengths of leather, staggering them for best effect, and tie a loop for the pearl ends to slip through.