Chasing the Golden Moon Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
See our Wire Lashing blog article for further details on lashing beads.
- Cut 2 lengths of wire, each about 30" long. You want enough to lash all the crystals, but not so much that the wire is in the way.
- Anchor 26-gauge wire to the heart shape, and then lash crystals in a random color pattern around the shape. Use approximately 17 beads per earring (34 beads total).
- Open loop on earwire, and attach to one of the lashing loops.
New to jewelry-making? For best way to open and close loops, like the ear wire's loop, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- 1 dozen #05-328-04-157 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Copper
- 1 dozen #05-328-04-185 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Red Magma
- 1 dozen #05-328-04-22 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Topaz
- 1 dozen #05-328-04-115 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Light Smoked Topaz
- 1 dozen #05-328-04-39 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Light Colorado Topaz
- 2 each #44-050-75-32 12kt Gold-Filled Jewelry Link, Heart, 33mm
- 1 ozt (use about 60") #64-620-14 1/20, 14kt Gold-Filled Jewelry Wire, Round, 26ga, Dead Soft
- 1 pair #34-669-04 TierraCast 14kt Gold-Filled Earring Hook with 2mm Bead
- 1 gross (use 2 pieces) #33-961 Clear Rubber Earring Backs, Wire Keeper
- #69-380 Tapered Flush-Cutter
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers