Cascade Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Easy to assemble, these earrings are reminiscent of the 70's and on trend with the "triangle" look.
- Use two 10mm jump rings to connect each link. This helps to keep the links facing forward.
- The 10mm jump rings have an 8mm inside diameter, large enough to let the links dangle.
- Attach the post to the largest link with a smaller 8mm jump ring.
- Use an earring nut with a plastic flange (such as #33-284-1). The flange keeps heavy earrings flat to the ear.
- The dotted ring is no longer available in all 3 sizes, so we linked in 3 Hammertone rings in the same sizes instead.
- 1 oz [use 8] #37-178-1 Jump Ring, Round, 10mm
- 1 oz [use2] #37-167-1 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #49-947-76-AS Link, Cast, Beaded Ring, 1"
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #49-947-77-AS Link, Cast, Beaded Ring, 3/4"
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #49-947-78-AS Link, Cast, Beaded Ring, 5/8"
- 1 gross [use 2, not shown] #33-284-1 Nut, Mechanical Grip with Flange
- 1 pkg of 5 pair [use 1 pair] #32-130-04-AS Post, Beaded with Loop, 10mm
- #69-271-06 Tool, Glitter, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers