Bubble Wand - Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Cut a 10" piece of wire.
- To straighten and harden the wire, run the length of the wire through the nylon pliers.
- Use the ring mandrel to form a "bubble" loop (ours is size 9-1/2).
- With the wire still on the mandrel, wrap a short coil to secure the round shape.
- Cut off the excess tail on the coil. Straighten the handle shape.
- Add beads to the handle in the pattern pictured or in your own pattern. End with the Opulence teardrop and a final "faceted" 3mm bead.
- Use round-nose pliers to form a hanging loop with a 3mm inner diameter.
- Optional: Use a chasing hammer and steel block to slightly flatten the bubble loop and hanging loop.
- Optional: Texturing the bubble loop with a texturing hammer may help the bubble wand hold more soap, for larger bubbles.
Designer Tips, Continued
- Finish the necklace by threading the ball-chain necklace through the hanging loop and secure the clasp.
- This Rings & Things blog post has instructions for forming a hoop (similar to the bubble loop) -- just don't clip off your beadable handle.
- For instructions on making wrapped loops, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- 1 hundred (use 6 pieces) #23-497-009 Czech Glass Bead, Firepolish, Faceted Rotund Rondelle, 7mm - 1/2 Luster - (Limited Stock)
- 1 each #26-750-36-AG TierraCast Opulence Teardrop Bead - Antiqued Gold Plated
- 1 4-ounce (use 8-10 inches) #47-205-20 Red Brass Jewelry Wire, 20ga, Round, 79'
- 1 each #40-800-24-30-2 Brass Plated Semi-Finished Stainless Steel Ball Chain, 2.4mm
- 1 hundred (use 1 piece) #49-954-06-AG TierraCast Antiqued Gold Plated Beads, Cast, Beaded 6x2mm
- 1 hundred (use 2 pieces) #26-150-32-2 Yellow Plated Metal Beads, Faceted, 3.2mm
- #69-151 Plastic Ring Mandrel, Ungrooved
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-271-91 EURO TOOL Glitter, Nylon Jaw, Flat-Nose Jewelry Pliers
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-108 2.5" Square Steel Block, for Stamping and Jewelry Making (optional)
- #69-138 EURO TOOL Hammer, Chasing (optional)