Belle of Ireland Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Liz Graf
- Measure and cut cotton cord to 20".
- Cut 2 sections off the chain (10 links each section).
- Pick out six 4mm jump rings and one 6mm jump ring.
- Place 8 heishi beads on the cotton cord, in the middle.
- Connect the chain pieces to the connector with jump rings, and connect it to the cording. New to jewelry-making? See Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Place the last 2 Heishi beads on the cord, one on each side.
- Add the pendant to the connector with a jump ring.
- Glue on the cord ends and let set until dry.
Optional: Crimp the cord ends instead instead of -- or in addition to -- gluing them.
- Connect the clasp to the cord ends with jump rings.
- 1 each #06-430-14-12 Swarovski 6430 Classic Cut Pendant, 14mm - Emerald
- 1 each #49-965-65-AS TierraCast Oasis Stitch-In Link - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 2 each #43-800-702-AS TierraCast Antiqued Silver Plated Pewter Palace Cord End for 2mm Cord
- 1 ten-pack #26-751-04-AS TierraCast 5mm Large-Hole Faceted Heishi Beads - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 1 ten-pack (use 1 set) #39-195-03-AS TierraCast Antiqued Silver Plated Clasp, Cast, Beaded Hook & Eye
- 1 spool (use 20") #61-652-075-02 Waxed Cotton Cord, 2mm, 75yd – Black
- 1 foot #40-090-13-1 White Plated Cable Chain by the FOOT, 2.1mm
- 1 ounce (use 7 pieces) #37-100-1 White Plated Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes
- 1 each #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick, The Ultimate
- #69-275-31 Wubbers Medium, Flat-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-271-05 EURO TOOL Glitter, Semi-Flush Side Cutter
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.