Awls are often used to help create tight knots exactly where you want them, as well as to poke out tiny beads or other material that is stuck in the holes of larger beads.
Bob-EEZ no-tangle bobbins by The BeadSmith feature a patented, protective locking system that prevents threads from unraveling or getting tangled as you work! Recommended by teachers, to prevent students' wire from tangling during class. Made out of a stackable, pliable and translucent plastic, these bobbins work great for macrame, wire-weaving and kumihimo braiding. They also provide a tidy and efficient way to store cording and thread. Bead stores and craft shops can use these locking thread bobbins to easily repackage large spools into smaller retail-friendly spools!
Beadalon Spool Tamers put an end to tangled wire, thin cord and stringing cable! The Spool Tamer is the ultimate storage and tangle-management tool in Beadalon's collection of bead supplies -- an adjustable wire dispenser that helps keep your spooled Beadalon Bead Stringing Wire, Artistic Wire, and other beading cords and spooled wire tidy and easily accessible.
Bead Stoppers are awesome! They're fast and simple: just clip one to the end of your working strand or partially-used strand, to prevent accidental spills. Mini Bead Stoppers are recommended for seed beads and other delicate work, and the classic size of Bead Stopper is recommended for gemstone bead strands or other medium/large bead strands.
- Neatly keep your beads on the strand where you want them. Clip one to each end of your working strand so you can pick up the strand to check the length or hold it up to a mirror, without spilling beads off either end.
- Safely store half-strands of gemstone beads by clipping a bead stopper to the open end.
- Protect your work when you transport an unfinished piece.
Cord Knotters from Rings & Things take the hassle out of creating securely and evenly knotted jewelry.
- If you have a jewelry repair business, or simply want to re-string grandma's knotted pearls, the Beadalon Knotter or the Beadalon Knot-a-Bead Tool will easily pay for itself! Choose the Beadalon Knotter if you prefer to hold your strand while working on it, or choose the Knot-a-Bead Tool if you prefer to work with your strand at the workbench height.
- The Beadalon Tin Cup Knotter Tool allows you knot pearls (or other beads) with precise lengths of "blank" cord between them.
- The Beadalon Tying Station is perfect for macramé, Shamballah style and Chain Luu style wrap bracelets, using a wide variety of stringing materials.
- Click into the details of any knotting tool for more information (and some have videos too!).
Tweezers, Bead Holders and Third Hands from Rings & Things:
- Tweezers are often used to help you tie knots in fine cord, and have many other jewelry-making applications.
- Nylon-jaw tweezers have an indent to gently hold delicate beads while you work on them.
- "Third Hands" are most commonly used for soldering, but are also "handy" for beading, knot tying, wire-working, and any time you need an extra hand. (See Soldering Tools for additional 3rd Hand tools.)