Argentium silver revolutionized jewelry making with its patented tarnish-resistant 925 silver alloy! Jewelry findings and wire made with Argentium silver just need an occasional wipe with a soft cloth to keep their brilliant shine. Best yet, the tarnish resistance actually increases over time. Germanium atoms in the alloy migrate to the surface, allowing the protective germanium oxide layer to regenerate. Additional benefits to using Argentium silver include:
- Argentium silver findings are resistant to dents, scratches and abrasion.
- Like all sterling silver, Argentium is nickel-free and hypoallergenic, which makes it a great choice for earrings.
- Argentium is fusable -- like fine silver, you can join it without solder.
- Argentium silver doesn't develop firescale, which makes its production cleaner for the environment.
- It can be made nearly twice as hard as standard annealed sterling silver by a simple heat treatment.