April Love - Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
How can I customize thee? Let me count the ways...
- Chain bracelets adorned with a simple heart charm continue to be popular. The sterling silver heart blank was intentionally left blank, but could easily be stamped or engraved to further customize.
- You can also customize this design by using a different colored Swarovski rivoli stone (clear symbolizes Diamond, April's birthstone), or different styles of chain.
- These bracelets are fun and easy to make, and make great gifts. You need just a few supplies, and basic jewelry making techniques.
- To get started, place stone in bezel, and use flat-nose nylon-jaw pliers or a burnishing tool to gently bend prongs down over stone. Burnish smooth.
... Tips, Continued
- Determine desired bracelet length, and use 2 pairs of pliers to open last link: See Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Use a jump ring to attach crystal charm to end of chain.
- Open top loop of tassel, and attach to same chain link.
- For extra security, use 2 jump rings to attach clasp to other end of chain.
For other colors, sizes and styles of any of these items, select the "Related Products
" tab after clicking into a product's details page.Suggested Supplies
- 1 foot [use about 7"] #40-090-54-3 Silver Plated Cable Chain by the FOOT, 8mm
- 1 each #41-878-02-14-3 JBB Findings Silver Plated Pendant Bezel Setting, 1 Loop, 14mm I.D.
- 1 each #01-122-14-01 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli Stone, 14mm - Crystal
- 1 each #44-750-14 Sterling Silver Blank, Heart with Handle
- 1 dozen [use 1 piece] #39-248-3 Silver Plated Lobster Clasp, 22mm
- 1 oz #37-100-3 Silver Plated Jump Rings, Round, Assorted Sizes
- #69-271-91 EURO TOOL Glitter, Nylon Jaw, Flat-Nose Jewelry Pliers - or -
- #69-101 EURO TOOL 2" Curved Steel Burnisher
- 2 pairs of your favorite chain-nose pliers