One or more parts (or tools) used in this project are no longer available, so we've moved the whole project into the "Misc Jewelry Tutorials with Issues" area while we decide what we want to do about it: find a good sub, re-make this project, or retire the tutorial.
There are nearly-infinite options when it comes to creating jewelry using rivets. I tried to keep it simple for this quick tutorial, but if you want to do something a little different or more advanced, check out some of our blog articles on riveting
. If you have any questions, there's a spot for comments/questions at the end of the blog -- and we do
reply (usually on weekdays).
You can make custom-length bracelets using our 1-meter leather strips
, or you can upcycle old belts, jeans, leather purse straps and more, by finishing the ends with snaps
or with TierraCast's leather clasps or strap tips
- 1 10-pack (use one piece) #69-982-50-AG TierraCast Antiqued Gold Plated Rivetable, Celtic
- 1 ten-pack (use one piece) #69-982-31-AG TierraCast Antiqued Gold Plated Jewelry Link, Celtic Centerpiece
- 1 ten-pack (use 3 pieces) #69-981-05-6 TierraCast Antiqued Brass Plated Leather Rivets, 3/32" dia
- 1 each #51-810-05-39 Leather Cuff Bracelet, 1/2" - Olive
- 1 each #51-810-05-01 Leather Cuff Bracelet, 1/2" - Natural
- Hole punch
Note: basically anything that cuts metal, will also cut leather, so if you already have a 3/32" metal hole punch, you don't also need a leather hole punch.
- Rivet Anvil (or jeweler's metal block)
- Rivet Setter (2 options are listed, in case one is out of stock)
- Brass Hammer
- Fine-point permanent marker
- Optional: We linked a couple of leather tool kit options here too, in case you want to expand your options!