12th Man Earrings Tutorial
Create a pair of sparkling earrings for your favorite football fan! These take just 5 minutes, and a few basic jewelry tools. No glue required, either!
This pair of earrings features a "12" charm, but you could also use a team-colored Swarovski rivoli at the bottom instead.
- Place a crystal in a setting. Use chain-nose pliers to gently press each prong into place. (more info)
- Make 6 beaded head pins, with one sapphire bicone bead each. For instructions on making eye pin loops, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Twist the loop on the ear wire to open it enough to add the setting and 3 sapphire drops. Twist to close securely.
- Add 12 charm to bottom.
- 1 pair #34-569-03 TierraCast Sterling Silver French Hook, Hoop Style with Bead
- 2 each #41-878-51-12-3 JBB Findings Silver Plated 2-Loop Bezel Setting for 12mm 4470 Cushion Square Stone
- 2 each #04-470-12-504 Swarovski 4470 Cushion Square Stone, 12mm - Ultra AB Lime
- 2 each #49-958-62-AS TierraCast Antiqued Silver Plated ''12'' Charm, 19x15mm
- 1 dozen (use 6 beads) #05-328-04-18 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Sapphire
- 1 ten-pack (use 6 pieces) #37-507 Sterling Silver Head Pin, 1", 0.020" Diameter
- Basic jewelry-making tools (Chain-nose pliers, wire cutters, and round-nose pliers)
- Optional: nylon-jaw pliers -- for extra safety when setting the crystal stone.
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.