Pretty in Peach - Jewelry Tutorial
Created by: Liz Graf
- Measure 10-12" of beading wire depending on length desired.
- String the crystals, pearls, bead, and spacers (add or remove ending rice pearls and spacers for length adjustment).
- Finish the ends with crimp tubes, wire protectors, and crimp covers. New to jewelry-making? See technique sheets below.
- Use a jump ring to connect lobster clasp to one wire protector. New to jewelry-making? See jump ring hint in Jewelry Making 101 Technique Sheet.
- Add a jump ring to other end of bracelet.
- Measure 5-6" of beading wire for each earring.
- String beads on in desired order.
- Finish with 1 crimp tube, 1 wire protector and 1 crimp cover.
- Twist loop on ear wire open, add wire protector, twist loop securely closed.
Designer Tips, Continued
New to Jewelry-Making, or want to double-check your techniques?
- Measure 18" (or more) of beading wire. 18" will give you a 15.5 - 16" choker once you finish the ends, so measure about 21" of beading wire for an 18" necklace.
- String the crystals, pearls, bead, and spacers. (add or remove ending rice pearls and spacers for length adjustment - Bead Stoppers make this a lot easier!)
- Finish the ends with crimp tubes, wire protectors, and crimp covers.
- Connect lobster clasp with one jump ring to wire protector, and one jump ring to the other wire protector.
Download and print our free jewelry-making technique sheets:
- 1 dozen #05-328-06-48 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 6mm - Light Peach
- 1 dozen #05-328-05-48 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 5mm - Light Peach
- 2 dozen #05-328-04-48 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Light Peach
- 1 strand (use 94 beads) #05-824-04-226ST Swarovski 5824 Rice Pearl Beads, 4mm - Cream
- 1 gross (use 10 beads) #24-106-6 Antiqued Brass Beads, Filigree, 6mm Round
- 1 spool (use 38-40") #61-973-21-87 Soft Touch Stainless Steel Beading Wire, 0.014", 21 strand, 30' - Steel
- 1 gross (use 6 pieces) #41-050-6 Wire Protectors - Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 hundred (use 6 pieces) #41-256-10-06 TierraCast Antiqued Brass Plated Crimp Tube, "Size 2"
- 1 hundred (use 6 pieces) #48-285-32-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Crimp Cover, 3.2mm
- 1 ounce (use 4 pieces) #37-113-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #39-240-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Lobster Clasp, 10mm
- 65-010 EURO TOOL Jewelry Pliers, Crimping, Standard, 5"
- 69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- 69-275-31 Wubbers Medium, Flat-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- 65-700 EURO TOOL Nipper, For Cutting Stringing Cable (Beading Wire)
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.