Polynesian Sunset Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- For step by step instructions on making loops, see: Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- String beads in random pattern in varying 3 to 5" lengths on beading wire. (Make 2 of each patterned section).
- Finish both ends of each section with a beading wire loop, and flatten the crimp tube with flat nose pliers. No fancy crimp plier finishing is needed here.
- Make 5-6 sections for each earring.
- Open the loop on the eyepin, and adjust larger with round nose pliers. Randomly attach one half of each beaded section to the loop, and then bring other sides up to the same loop. Close loop.
- String eyepin through cone, add decorative bead, and finish with another loop.
- Attach earwire. Repeat for other earring.
- 1 card #23-441-1576 Czech Glass Bead, Firepolish, Round, 2mm - Aquamarine Celsian
- 1 vial #20-228-328 TOHO Glass Seed Bead, Translucent-Purple Fumed, size 11/0, Translucent, 2.1mm
- 1 200-pack #05-810-03-247ST Swarovski 5810 Round Pearl Beads, 3mm - Iridescent Tahitian Look
- 1 200-pack #05-810-02-226ST Swarovski 5810 Round Pearl Beads, 2mm - Cream
- 1 strand #26-830-1 White Plated Beads, Faceted Cube, 2.5mm
- 1 ten (use 2) #27-630-31 Stainless Steel Filigree Cone, 11x10mm
- 1 pair #34-063-0 Raw Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 1 gross (use 2) #33-961 Clear Rubber Earring Backs, Wire Keeper
- 1 pack (use 20 pieces) #41-256-02-3 Beadalon Silver Plated Crimp Tube, "Size 2"
- 1 ounce (use 2 pieces) #37-721-1 White Plated Eye Pin, 7/8", Standard
- 1 spool #61-763-21-87 Soft Flex Stainless Steel Beading Wire, 0.014", 21 strand, 30' - Steel
- #69-380 Tapered Flush-Cutter
- #69-275-31 Tool, Wubbers™, Medium, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-02 Wubbers Round-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers