Rings & Things Community Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 07:26:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
This forum is archived (closed for new postings).

Have you tried our blog? Great tips and techniques at: http://www.rings-things.com/blog.

Questions? Send us an email, or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BEAD.FANS.
8414 Posts in 1724 Topics by 1427 Members
Latest Member: GlassHouseArts
* R&T Home Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rings & Things Community Board
|-+  Art Clay Silver
| |-+  Art Clay Silver Discussions (Moderator: Metalman)
| | |-+  Working w/ACS syringe form
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Working w/ACS syringe form  (Read 2622 times)
« on: November 16, 2005, 06:51:22 am »

Hi!  I am new to using Art Clay.  What is the best way to save the clay left in the syringe tips?  Should I wrap it with a damp cloth and plastic? Thanks!
Metalman
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 12:17:16 pm »

I have a small storage container that I keep filled with water. I just drop the tips in there, when I am not using them.  Some clay collects in the bottom of the container and every once in a while I distill that off and use it for recycled paste.
Sometimes I  buy several syringes at once and just keep a different size tip on each one.  This way you can rest all 3 in a jar of water and each size is ready when you need it. I keep a bit of plastic wrap over the top to slow evaporation and they last on my bench for months.
syringe work  = Micro Cake Decorating - I Love IT

Metalman
AKA: Kurt Madison
Master Instructor Emeritus - Art Clay Silver
Metalman
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 02:23:46 pm »

The syringe work works great on top of the cork clay to make filigree style beads or objects.  You will want to use 2 or 3 layers of the syringe work to make your filigree strong enough. You can also strengthen it with paste layering after you have laid out the lines. The finest tip may be too small to make strong enough lines.

Metalman
AKA: Kurt Madison
Master Instructor Emeritus - Art Clay Silver
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: