Rings & Things Community Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:06:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
This forum is archived (closed for new postings).

Have you tried our blog? Great tips and techniques at: http://www.rings-things.com/blog.

Questions? Send us an email, or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BEAD.FANS.
8444 Posts in 1727 Topics by 1427 Members
Latest Member: GlassHouseArts
* R&T Home Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rings & Things Community Board
|-+  Jewelry-making, Gallery and Stock Q&A
| |-+  Misc. Stock Tips & Questions (Moderators: Todd, Polly)
| | |-+  18 guage copper sheets
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18 guage copper sheets  (Read 2005 times)
mariannemac

« on: May 24, 2011, 07:13:38 pm »

Will you be carrying sheets of 18 guage copper and brass?
Polly
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:37 am »

We don't have immediate plans to.  However, what will you be using it for?  And what size (x by y) would you find most useful?

Oh, I forgot to ask. What quantity are you interested in? Our supplier has large (4 foot by 6 foot?) sheets which they cut into the small 6x6" or 6 x 1/2" pieces we sell. We have to buy in multiples of their full sheet.

Years ago, when my mother (co owner Dee Mueller) made custom jewelry she needed a small piece of heavy copper sheet for a buckle. She could not find a supplier for the small size. She ended up borrowing a small piece from Harold Balazs the nationally known Spokane artist who makes large enameled panels. He bought full sheets of copper and had a scrap that was perfect for Dee's job. If you only need a small piece you might find a similar source close to home.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:25:47 pm by Russ Nobbs » Logged

Polly Nobbs-LaRue
Systems Manager -- Rings & Things
mariannemac

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 04:43:22 pm »

I use it for bangles...and usually buy it in 6 x 12" sheets...also like brass and nickel silver...sterling too...if the price would come down...I would only be buying a few sheets of each..so probably not worth you bringing it in for me...
Russ Nobbs
Administrator

R&T Owner

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 05:08:11 pm »

You are right, Mariannemac, we'd probably want a few more customers before we add that.   Cheesy

A quick Google search for 18 guage copper sheet finds several likely suppliers including Thunderbird Supply, Ottofrei.com, jewelrysupply.com and several etsy and artfire sellers who DO stock it..

Russ Nobbs
Owner and Bead Addict
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: