Rings & Things Community Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 07:27:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
This forum is archived (closed for new postings).

Have you tried our blog? Great tips and techniques at: http://www.rings-things.com/blog.

Questions? Send us an email, or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BEAD.FANS.
8440 Posts in 1727 Topics by 1427 Members
Latest Member: GlassHouseArts
* R&T Home Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rings & Things Community Board
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: Todd, Polly)
| | |-+  where to start?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: where to start?  (Read 1583 times)
johanna5

« on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »

I am starting a jewelry business (Missoula Montana) and i have no idea where to get a resellers permit #??? Do i need that to shop @ Rings and Things? I am coming to Spokane in a few weeks, but i wanted to get this all sorted out so i can actually buy a few things smile and do i need to order and just pick it at the store or can i just do my shopping when i am there? Let me me know!!! smile

johanna
Russ Nobbs
Administrator

R&T Owner

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:32:45 pm »

Not a problem!
1) You are in business, We want to sell to people "in the trade" or who are reselling their products.
2) You live in Montana, a state without sales tax.
    Washington state wants to encourage Montana resident to shop over here. Anything you buy that you will take back to Montana with you can be purchased tax exempt as a Montana resident under the Non Resident Tax  Exemption. At Rings & Things or any Washington store you tell the cashier that you are from Montana and want to buy tax exempt because you are a non resident. (Not all stores accept this, but most do.)

If you order and have us ship to you there is no sales tax charged because we are shipping out of state. States that DO have sales tax expect on line buyers to pay "use tax" in their home state if they are not reselling. But that is between the customer and their home state. Businesses are audited and have to pay. Many individuals slide under the radar. States are broke so some are beginning to make tighter rules.

You might need a local business license, or a registration with the state if you are working with a business name (a d/b/a or Doing Business As name)
    If you start selling at Washington shows you will need a resellers permit to collect and pay to our state the sales tax.
   If you have business ID we can have you fill out a Multi State resale form.  If you haven't really got your business going, we can sell to you under the Non Resident tax exemption.

Tax rules changed in WA this year and we all are feeling our way through the changed procedures.

You can call in or place an online order to be picked up i the showroom - what we call a "will call" order. Only part of our stock in on display in the showroom. On the other hand, a lot of things in the showroom are not in the catalog or on the on line store. You can write out your order and bring it with you. After you look around please talk with our showroom staff about what you want and they will take your hand written order. That might be easier the first time.

If you have a fast connection you can see a panoramic picture of our showroom at http://www.rings-things.com/showroom/index.html Click on the link below the small picture called Get the whole picture! Take a 360° panoramic virtual tour.

Hope that helps. We look forward to seeing you in our showroom. I think you will be very pleased by our selection. If you are a bead addict  (like I am) be sure to get our list of local bead and crafts stores. Spokane is blessed with some very fine Local Bead Stores. There is always another bead you need to meet.

Russ Nobbs
Owner and Bead Addict
johanna5

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:02 pm »

Thank you so much for your help! I just sent my form in to get my business name finalized.....so it will take 10 days to find out if it is good to go!

That is great about being tax exempt....i have done that in the past but wasn't sure if Rings and Things does that!

I will definitely be in to check out your selection in your show room in May sometime! I would like to become a bead addict..... i am looking for a few specific things....i am making my own pendants and i want to get sterling silver bails (i have been using just silver plated) i want a better quality product soon!  I want to learn how to bead and make earrings as well!!! So i will be checking out beads etc to see what goes best with my pendants smile Thanks for all of your help and see you in May!

johanna
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: