Vintaj Natural Brass findings and leather bracelets go together like butter on bread! You can unite them with rivets, thread, jump rings and more. Here are two examples highlighting how to combine Vintaj jewelry supplies with leather bracelets.
With just a few supplies, you can create stylish and unique cuff bracelets, incorporating popular and trendsetting Vintaj Natural Brass findings. For this riveted version, all you need is:
- Crafted Findings 1/16″ riveting system
- 1/16″ semi-tubular rivets
- Rivet accents to secure the rivets
- Leather cuff bracelet
- Vintaj natural brass soaring sparrow connector
- Bracelet bending pliers (to curve the sparrow connector)
- Nouveau silver patina
- Ultra fine point marker
1. Colorize the soaring sparrow connector with Patina™ ink. For step-by-step instructions, see our blog post : “Customizing Tim Holtz idea-ology® Word Bands for a Handmade Look” where Rings & Things Jewelry Designer Mollie Valente shows us how to apply Patina ink.
2. The ready made loops on the connector are a little small for the 3/16″ rivet. Using the riveting system, pierce the existing loops in the connector so the rivets will fit through.
3. Place the focal piece where you want to rivet it on the leather bracelet, and mark where to make the holes in the leather.
4. Use bracelet bending pliers to curve the focal for a better fitting bracelet.
5. Use the piercing side of the Crafted Findings tool to make holes in the leather, then use the setting side of the same tool to rivet the focal piece to the leather bracelet.
TIP: Include a washer or riveting accent on the back side to keep the rivet secure in the leather.
If you haven’t yet used a Crafted Findings riveting system, check out the video!
Our second example begins with a leather cuff bracelet that I have already added eyelets too. To see how this is done, check out our blog post: “How-to-set-eyelets-in-leather” where I show step-by-step photographs and instructions on this very bracelet.
When you open and close jump rings, twist sideways instead of “ovalling” them. This keeps their shape better, which makes them easier to close all the way. To prevent marks on the ring, use non-serrated flat-nose pliers.
After adding some Vintaj natural brass bling, you now have a fun and trendy leather cuff bracelet!
Hopefully this has inspired you to have your own fun combining beautiful Vintaj findings and leather cuff bracelets!