Created by: Jan Roberts
- The economically-priced chatons used in this design are real leaded-glass crystals!
- Pre-plan your design so the clay doesn't dry out before you've finished placing your embellishments. This is especially important on a large object like a belt buckle.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to apply the clay to the buckle blank.
- The Crystal Katana is an excellent tool for picking up and placing the crystals.
- To save time, you can leave the metal beads on the string, rather than placing them individually in the clay.
- Trim excess string once you've placed the beads. For a step-by-step tutorial with images, see the Embellish Jewelry Blanks with Crystal Chatons blog post.