Wonder Woman Riveted Cuff Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- This bracelet is super fast and fun to make, once you have the necessary tools.
- The Domed Piercing Base allows you to pierce the domed bracelet without leaving a dent or divot.
- The Reverse Riveting accessory is the answer to a problem: It allows you to rivet curved items, keeping the nice rivet head on the top side (outside) of the bracelet or ring.
- Put a few strips of double-stick (2-sided) tape on the top of the bracelet and lay out the design.
- Gently shape the TierraCast wings to fit the curve of the bracelet, and punch the first hole for each wing.
- Remove the tape before you begin to place rivets!
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- For items that have 2 holes, always securely rivet one hole before punching the next hole.
- Using a nylon hammer, gently finish smoothing the wings to fit the curve of the bracelet.
- Be careful when punching the tips of the wings -- if you punch too close to the edge, you can crack the wing tip.
(Copper wings no longer available - see alternate colors linked into parts.)
- The beads and charms may need their holes enlarged a bit. Carefully center their holes on the cutting end and pierce with the same 1/16" cutter that you are using to pierce the bracelet.
- For a mirror-bright shiny finish, place the finished bracelet in a tumbler for 30-60 minutes, with steel shot and few drops of Shinebrite™. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 5] #49-990-06-AS Bead, Cast, Star Spacer, 6mm
- 1 strand [use 1] #26-813-115 Bead, Copper, Spacer, Flower
- 1 ea #51-750-200-0 Bracelet Finding, Cuff, Domed, 2"
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #49-958-09-AC Charm, Cast, Wing
- 1 ea #49-951-06-5 Connector, Disk with Spirals, 2 Hole
- 1 pkg of 28 [use 2 copper, 3 brass, 7 aluminum] #69-920-00-0 Rivet, 1/16", Sample Pack
- #69-902 Tool, 1/16" Domed Piercing Base
- #69-915 Tool, 1/16" Reverse Eyelet Flaring Set
- #69-900 Tool, 1/16" Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-136 Tool, Hammer, Nylon
- #69-355-08 Shinebrite™, for Tumbler, 8 oz.
- #69-282 Tool, Stainless Shot, 2lb
- #69-281 Tool, Tumbler, 3lb Capacity