Wish and Want Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Tiffany White
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- If this is your first time stamping, buy a affordable piece of sheet copper or aluminum to practice stamping on first.
- Assemble the earrings and then antique them.
- Copper plated findings are not meant to be antiqued, but they will take a patina, it just won't be consistent like solid copper. The goal is to darken the lettering, so the wording stands out.
- Use fine steel wool to buff away the patina.
Techniques, Continued: Suggested Supplies
- 1 ea [use two 12" pieces] #46-406-11 Artistic Wire®, 26ga, 90ft
- 1 pair #19-258-152 Bead, Gemstone, Faceted Puffed Briolette, 18mm
- 8 ea #49-951-11-7 Connector, Cloverleaf, 12mm
- 1 gross [use 1 pair] #34-362-7 French Hook Ear Wire, Plain
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 24] #37-050-54 Jump Ring, Copper, Oval, Heavy
- 1 ea #86-322 Liver of Sulfur, XL Gel, 2 oz.
- #69-244-21 Tool, 1/8" Stamp Set, Uppercase Siena, 27pc
- #69-123 Tool, Combo Bench Block
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-291 Tool, Set, Zebra Stripe, Six-Piece Set
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 0000 steel wool (from hardware store)