Wayfaring Eyes Eyeglass Lead Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Center a lava bead between 2 triangle spacers on a length of waxed linen cord. Tie overhand knots on each side of the spacers to hold the beads in place.
- Add two more equally spaced groupings of the lava beads and spacers on each side of the cord.
- Use an awl to help snug the knots against the beads.
- Use two crimps on each side for extra security, with crimp covers for a decorative accent.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 strand [use 10] #26-806 Bead, Brass, Triangle Heishi
- 1 strand [use 6] #21-000-192-84 Bead, Lava, 12x18mm Puffed Oval, Black
- 1 ounce [use 4] #41-256-53-4 Crimp Bead, Smooth, "Size 3", Gold Plated
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 4] #41-285-40-6 Crimp Cover, 4mm, Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 spool [use 30-32"] #61-427-03 Cord, Waxed Linen, 5 ply, 25yd, Brown
- 1 dozen [use 2] #30-842-2 Eye Glass Holder, Black Rubber, Black/ Yellow
- #65-801 Tool, Awl, Metal
- #65-010 Tool, Pliers, Crimping, 5"
- #69-043 Tool, Scissors, Extra-Large Loop
- Sunglasses or reading glasses