Watermelon Surprise Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- The decorative element of the ball-end simple loop matches the style of the ear wire.
- Make a simple loop on the ball-end of the head pin. Open slightly and add charm, making sure the front of the charm and ball face the same direction.
- Add watermelon chevron bead, spacer and crystal and finish with a wrapped loop.
- Use crimping pliers to round the wrapped loops so they aren't scratchy. The concave shape helps pull the wire in close to the wrap without chipping the bead underneath.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #24-912 Bead, Flower Style, 4.9mm
- 2 ea #44-046-54 Charm, Tulip
- 1 doz [use 2] #05-000-04-153 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Round, 4mm
- 1 doz [use 2] #34-599 French Hook Ear Wire, Ball End
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #37-099-20-3 Head Pin, 2", Standard, Ball End
- 1 strand [use 2] #22-425-20 Trade Bead, Watermelon Chevron
We no longer have this exact strand of Watermelon Chevron beads, so we've linked a few other similar-size options into the list above.
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-215 Tool, Pocket Crimper