Watermelon Surprise Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- The decorative element of the ball-end simple loop matches the style of the ear wire.
- Make a simple loop on the ball-end of the head pin. Open slightly and add charm, making sure the front of the charm and ball face the same direction.
- Add watermelon chevron bead, spacer and crystal and finish with a wrapped loop.
- Use crimping pliers to round the wrapped loops so they aren't scratchy. The concave shape helps pull the wire in close to the wrap without chipping the bead underneath.
- If you like these trade bead earrings, check out the "Sisters in Santa Fe Necklace".
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #24-912 Bead, Flower Style, 4.9mm
- 2 ea #44-046-54 Charm, Tulip
- 1 doz [use 2] #05-000-04-153 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Round, 4mm
- 1 doz [use 2] #34-599 French Hook Ear Wire, Ball End
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #37-099-20-3 Head Pin, 2", Standard, Ball End
- 1 strand [use 2] #22-425-20 Trade Bead, Watermelon Chevron
We no longer have this exact strand of Watermelon Chevron beads, so we've linked a few other similar-size options into the list above.
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-215 Tool, Pocket Crimper