Under My Umbrella Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Follow the instructions that come with the BIGkick™ to emboss the brass blank. Polish the high points with the reliefing block.
- Apply the patina using a paint brush or felt application pad; allow to dry. Polish the high points with the reliefing block.
- Connect an umbrella blank to a kidney wire by linking together four heavy jump rings.
- Use the 4mm jump rings to attach a glass teardrop to each heavy jump ring link.
- Use round-nose pliers to pinch the kidney wire hanging loop closed and add a filigree bead.
- Repeat with the second earrings.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 gross [use 2] #24-104-6 Bead, Filigree, 4mm Round, Antiqued Brass
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 8] #23-316-571 Bead, Glass, Tip-drilled Teardrop, 6x4mm, Turquoise (no longer available; alternate idea listed below tools)
- 1 pair #88-102-25-0 Blank, Umbrella with Loop, Antiqued
- 1 ounce [use 8] #37-113-6 Jump Ring, Round, 4mm, Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 ounce [use 8] #37-133-6 Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm, Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 0.5 gross [use 2] #34-173-6 Kidney Wire, 25mm, Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 each #86-420-995 Patina Kit, Vintaj, Weathered Copper
- #69-325-018 DecoEmboss™ Die, Moroccan Tile
- #69-500 Sizzix® BIGkick™, Vintaj® Edition (replaced by Sizzix Big Shot)
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- Paint brush or felt applicator pad
- Paper towels