Turquoise Dreaming Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Tiffany White
- Measure the chain to make sure it will fit around your wrist 3 times. If you are not sure how long to make it, 22-24 inches is the standard range for a wrist.
- Measure 14-20 pieces of embroidery thread 3 times the length of the chain. Sort it into two equal piles. I made one lighter teal, and one darker teal.
- Tie the two groups of thread together, making a knot.
- Using a clipboard or cardboard box, attach the chain and the knotted thread. Place them close together, about a centimeter apart.
- Using two bobby pins as "needles" to thread the embroidery thread groups through the chain, start braiding.
- Bring one segment of threads under the chain and through the first link.
- Now bring this segment under the other segment of thread.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Bring second segment of thread up and under, through the same chain link. Both segments of thread will go through each chain link.
- TIP: Make sure that you always thread the embroidery thread segments from behind the chain.
- Continue this pattern down the length of the chain.
- TIP: Pay attention when continuing the braid as it is very easy to get messed up if you get distracted.
- When you reach the end of the chain, tie the two groups of thread together on the second to last chain link. Make a knot as close to the chain as you can. Repeat this on the other end of the chain.
- Trim both sides of thread so there is about 1/2 inch of tassel.
- Using chain-nose pliers, open the links on the end to attach your toggle clasp.
- 1 spool [use 22-24"] #40-099-24-7 Antiqued Copper Plated Oval Curb Chain, Footage, 10.5mm
- 1 each #39-181-14-AC B & B Benbassat Antiqued Copper Plated Toggle Clasp, Cast, Sun/Moon
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- Assorted colors of embroidery thread (available from fabric or craft supplier)
- Clipboard or cardboard box and two push pins
- 2 bobby pins