Threads of Turquoise Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Wire wrap the crystals directly onto the ear thread chain. See Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet (PDF) for detailed instruction on making wire wrapped loops.
- Use crimping pliers to tuck in the trimmed ends on the wire wraps. (It's not their traditional use, but the shape works perfectly!)
- French wire keepers are really helpful to keep earthreads in the ear.
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 6] #24-990-03 Bead, Seamless, 3mm Round
- 1 dozen [use 4] #05-328-06-28 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 6mm
- 1 dozen [use 4] #05-328-06-124 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 6mm
- 1 dozen [use 4] #05-328-06-413 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 6mm
- 1 pair #53-509-06 Ear Thread, 3", Box and Cable Chain
- 1 gross [use 2] #33-961 French Wire Keepers, Clear (not shown)
- 2 pkg of 10 [use 12] #37-515 Head Pin, 1.5", 0.025" Diameter
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #37-295-440 Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- #65-010 Tool, Pliers, Crimping, 5"
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-275-09 Tool, Wubbers™, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-03 Tool, Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-02 Tool, Wubbers™, Round-Nose Pliers