Take Flight Earrings Tutorial
These textured metal earrings were inspired by the fold form technique. The drama and depth of the metal is similar to faux fold forming!
Created by: Debbie Nelson
- Using the smaller (silver handle) of the 2-hole punch, punch 3 holes in bottom of each blank.
- Run blank through the BigKick, using two different embossing folders for interest. Buff using the reliefing block. Optional: polish high points to a mirror shine with Ultra polish pads.
- Visit our blog for detailed BigKick instructions.
- Use nylon-jaw ring-bending pliers to add a curve to the blanks.
- Add 3 pieces chain, cut in various lengths (1-2"), to bottom of blank with 3mm jump rings. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Add 1 rivoli to end of each chain with a 3mm jump ring.
- To the top hole on each blank, add two 4.5mm jump rings. To the bottom ring, attach 4 pieces chain, cut in various lengths (2-3"), and hang these down the inside/back of the earring.
- Add 1 rivoli to end of each chain with 3mm jump ring.
- Attach top jump ring to 14kt GF drop-post earring.
- 1 ten-pack [use 2 pieces] #88-102-19-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Blank, Rectangle with Hole
- 14 each #06-428-06-452 Swarovski 6428 Rivoli Pendant, 6mm - Rose Patina
- 2 feet #40-090-13-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Cable Chain by the foot, 2.1mm
- 1 oz [use 20 pieces] #37-101-6 3mm Jump Rings
- 1 oz [use 6 pieces] #37-133-6 4.5mm Jump Rings
- 1 pair earring posts #31-634 1/20, 14kt Gold-Filled Earring Post Finding w/ Loop and 4mm Ball
- 1 dozen [use 2 pieces] #33-614 1/20, 14kt Gold-Filled Earring Back Component, Butterfly Nut
- EuroTool 2-hole metal punch (69-235)
- Sizzix Big Shot or BigKick
- India Archway emboss folders (69-325-024)
- Dragonfly emboss folders (69-325-005)
- Vintaj reliefing block 69-327
- EuroTool ULTRA polishing pads (63-528)
- EuroTool Ring Bending Pliers (69-322)
- Xuron tapered flush cutter (69-380)
- Chain nose pliers (69-271-03)