Sweet Fairy Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Stamp the door front first. Flatten and lightly texture it with the chasing hammer, patina with Win-Ox, and clean with steel wool.
- Use adhesive to both attach and seal the image.
- Mark and punch 1/16" holes in the front piece.
- Punch matching top hole in back piece.
- Rivet bails can be attached with the Crafted Finding Riveting System and rivets or by traditional riveting.
- Line up halves and bail, and set top rivet (see instruction sheets, above, for instructions on both types of riveting).
- Realign blanks if necessary, and punch 2nd hole. Set 2nd rivet, then punch and set final rivet.
- 1 each #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 pkg of 10 pair [use 1 pair] #44-721-06 Blank, Wide Rounded Door with Round Window (Raw Brass)
- 2 feet #40-801-2 Chain, Footage, Ball, 2.4mm (Brass Plated), by the foot or
optional: 1 spool [use 20"] #40-881-2 Chain, Footage, Ball, 2.4mm, 100ft (Brass Plated)
- 1 ea #40-801-2-ea Clasp, Ball Chain, 1.8-2.4mm (Raw Brass) (not shown)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 3] #88-108-02-0 Nail Head Rivet, 1/4" (Natural Brass)
- 1 pkg of 6 [use 3] #69-941-22-2 Rivet Bail, Small (Brass)
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox, 3 oz.
- #69-240-6030 Tool, 1/8" (3mm) Stamp Set, Lowercase (Tempered Steel)
- #69-138 Tool, Hammer, Chasing
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- Copyright-free or purchased image
- 0000 steel wool (from hardware store)