Sunrise Hair Sticks Tutorial
Created by: Amy Scalise
- Let the Polyclay cane sit for a day before you slice, or place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once cane slices are wrapped around the hair sticks, remove some of the cane with a tissue slicing blade to create a smooth surface.
- Bake according to manufacturer's directions.
- Sand and buff to desired finish.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies To purchase components, add quantities to corresponding "Add" fields.
- 1 ea [use 0.75"] #46-450-21 Artistic Wire®, 20g, 25ft, Silver Plated (Non-Tarnish Silver)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-721-3 Eye Pin, 7/8", Standard (Silver Plated)
- 2 ea #30-868-A Hair Stick, 7", Square
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 5] #37-099-10-3 Head Pin, 1", Standard, Ball End (Silver Plated)
- 1 ea #84-702-17 Kato Polyclay™, 2oz (Brown)
- 1 ea #84-702-02 Kato Polyclay™, 2oz (Orange)
- 1 ea #84-702-07 Kato Polyclay™, 2oz (Turquoise)
- 1 ea #84-702-09 Kato Polyclay™, 2oz (White)
- 1 ea #84-702-01 Kato Polyclay™, 2oz (Yellow)
- #84-385-2 Blades
- #69-275-52 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Round-Nose Pliers
- #85-380 Tool, Craft Pasta Machine
- #69-273-03 Tool, Ecco, Chain-Nose Pliers, 5"
- #69-273-05 Tool, Ecco, Side Cutter, 5"
- Assorted small faceted beads of your choice