Adhesive, GS Hypo Cement
Which Glue is Best?
- Super glues (cyanoacrylate glues) are best for surfaces that fit exactly together (no gaps), or where you need just a small dab for extra security.
- Two-part epoxies require mixing, but have excellent long-term durability (even for foil-back crystals). Great for production craftspeople!
- Specialty & craft glues are each designed for specific applications. Some are flexible, and many will bond plastics, foil-back crystal, porous materials (wood, fabric, etc.), or metal-to-metal bonds.
- Adhesive dots are strong, easy to use, and removable. They work best on lightweight applications.
- Resins and sealants can sometimes also be used as adhesives.
Gluing Hints & Tips
- Follow the manufacturer's directions.
- Test a small sample and allow it to cure thoroughly before proceeding.
- When possible, use a file to roughen smooth surfaces. This allows for a stronger grip.
- Clean both surfaces before applying adhesive (we recommend isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab).
- Work in a well-ventilated, dry, and dust-free environment.
- Extreme temperatures might affect drying time.
- Store all adhesives in a cool place.
- MSDS (Material Safety and Data Sheets) are available upon request.
Glues & Cold Temperatures
- Avoid shipping glues via Ground during winter months, since many will lose effectiveness once frozen. This is especially true of super glues.
- Store finished creations in a location that maintains temperatures above freezing.
- To intentionally weaken a super glue bond, place glued object in a household freezer for several hours. (Epoxy glues also become brittle in low temperatures, but most will not snap apart as super glues do).
Adhesive, GS Hypo Cement
☆ Rising StarStaff Choice
Avg Rating: 10 /10
G-S Hypo Tube Cement adhesive. 1/3 fl. oz tube with easy-to-use fine-point precision applicator. Sets in 10 minutes. 1-hour cure time (may take up to 24 hours in high humidity). Dries clear and will not damage surfaces. Flammable.
Designed for gluing watch crystals, this strong glue also works great for beadwork, model building, model railroads, fly fishing lures, ceramics, plastic repair, and fine screw locking, in addition to gluing pearls and small beads onto SuppleMax™ and other cord. The only glue recommended for WireLace®. Not for large metal-to-metal bonds. Remove excess with rubbing alcohol. [HZ3]
Stock Status: 11
Write your own Product Review!
G S Hpyo Glue
By Sharon on 4/21/2015