Silent Flight Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Toni Plastino
BRONZclay™ Owl Pendant: Continued Below...
- Using a family heirloom or other owl pendant/button/charm, follow package directions to make a mold using Five-Minute Cold Putty Compound.
- Use this mold to shape a BRONZclay™ pendant. Texture a strip of BRONZclay as desired, to add a bail while the owl is still in the mold.
- Follow package instructions to fire in kiln, with either type of carbon. This owl was fired with coal carbon (filled to 2" below the pan's rim), and lid off. Necklace:
- Cut the ribbon and WireLace® to desired length, and center the owl pendant on both cords.
- Put ribbons together, tie overhand knots at desired locations, check length, and trim ends.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- Slide ends of ribbons into the center-crimp tubes, until they are peeking just slightly past the end, then firmly crimp (flatten) the center section of the center-crimp tubes.
- Make wire-wrapped pearl dangles and use jump rings to arrange these dangles and teardrop filigree charms at desired locations.
- 1 strand [use 9] #20-629-06-363 Bead, Freshwater Pearl, Tip-Drilled Keishi
- 1 each #87-151-100 BRONZclay™, 100 grams
- 2 each #41-151-99-20-6 Center-Crimp Tube with Loop, 2mm I.D.
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 6] #88-106-19-0 Charm, Filigree Teardrop, 12x8mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 9] #37-091-15-6 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin, Ball End
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-136-6 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 oz [use 14] #37-133-6 Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #44-420-6 Link, Hammered Oval
- 1 each #87-041 Putty, Five-Minute Cold Putty Compound
- 1 dozen [use 1] #30-620-20-7 Swivel Clip, Auto Close, Small, 22x9mm
- 1 pkg #61-890-06-62 WireLace®, 6mm, 1yd
- #87-197 Coal Carbon
- #69-450 Kiln, Caldera with Glass Window
- #69-273-06 Tool, Ecco, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers, 5"
- #87-199 Tool, Firing Pan with Lid
- #69-027 Tool, Pliers, Concave Bending
- #65-080 Tool, Pliers, Flat Nose
- #69-043 Tool, Scissors, Extra-Large Loop
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- 3/16" or 5-6mm pink/brown ribbon (from the fabric/craft supplier)