Seasons Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Amy Scalise
- Group like colors together from the three styles of multicolor rutilated quartz.
- Before you start, stretch the piece of bead cord.
- Knotting can be done by hand or with a cord knotter. The key to good knotting is to make sure the knot is as close to the beads as possible, so the beads don'’t move.
- If you are have trouble stringing the beads on the cord, dip the end in Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate (#60-280) and allow it to dry. This should provide enough stiffness for stringing.
- Use 2 crimp beads on each side of the toggle clasp for extra security.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 strand [use 34] #21-894-074 Bead, Rutilated Quartz, Faceted Round, 4mm
- 1 strand [use 30] #21-786-074 Bead, Rutilated Quartz, Rondelle, 6mm
- 1 strand [use 49] #21-888-074 Bead, Rutilated Quartz, Round, 8mm
- 1 each #39-650-A Clasp, Toggle, Textured, 16mm
- 1 pkg of 2 grams [use 2] #41-655-2020 Crimp Tube, Twisted, 2x2mm, "Size 1"
- 1 pkg of 4 grams [use 2] #41-655-2030 Crimp Tube, Twisted, 2x3mm, "Size 1"
- 1 pkg [use 3-4 ft of beige color] #61-710-162 Super-Lon, Bead Cord Color Mix
- #65-801 Kemper Mfg. Inc. Awl, Metal OR
- #65-955 Tool, Knotter, Beadalon®
- #69-035 Tool, Eurotool®, Superior Beader's Kit