Ruby Love Earrings Tutorial
This simple, sweet project using ruby-colored CZs is a perfect Valentine's, anniversary, birthday or Christmas present for someone with a July birthday!
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Use chain-nose pliers to open the loop on an ear wire, and attach it to the top loop of a spiral heart connector. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Tip: Chain-nose pliers (smooth flat-nose pliers) are less likely to mar thin wire findings.
- Use an oval jump ring to connect the ruby CZ charm to the bottom loop of the heart connector.
- Tip: For a spot like this, oval jump rings are more secure than round jump rings, because the opening is always at the side (rather than the top or bottom) when the earrings are being worn.
- 1 pair #34-544-14-232 4mm Cubic Zirconia Bezel Set Sterling Earwire - Ruby
- 2 each #44-049-76 Sterling Silver Square Connector with Spiral Heart - 2 Loops
- 1 ten (use 2 pieces) #37-215-230 Sterling Silver Jump Ring, Oval, 3.0x4.6mm
- 2 each #46-590-18-232 8mm Cubic Zirconia Sterling Channel Charm - Ruby
- 2 pairs of chain-nose pliers (a few price options are linked above, and many more are available below!)
You might also be interested in: