Rose Quartz Healing Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Tiffany White
- Cut 12" of wire to wrap the gemstone donut.
- Center the wire on the donut and wrap each side 2 times.
- Pinch the two wires flush together with chain-nose pliers.
- Use round-nose pliers to make a large loop (3mm or so in diameter) with both pieces of wire, about 3-4mm up from the top of the donut.
- Wrap the two pieces of wire around several times to create a handmade wire-wrapped bail on the donut.
- Clip the excess wire with wire cutters and use chain-nose pliers to pinch the wires flush so they don't stick out.
- To create the wire-wrapped rose quartz links, cut 22-24 pieces of wire, each 3" long.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Make a wrapped loop on one end of the wire, and slide on an egg-shaped gemstone bead. Make a wrapped loop on the other end, and cut the excess wire.
- With a second piece of wire, make a loop on one end, and attach the completed link you just made to the end. Finish the other end with a wrapped loop.
- Continue to make and add links, until you have two chains (one for each side), each with 11 links. If you want a longer necklace, make more links. The finished length of this necklace is 18".
- Use jump rings top attach the chain pieces to the gemstone donut and to the clasp.
- If desired, antique the metal with silver of sulfur.
- For a step-by-step tutorial with images for this project, check out the Rings & Things blog post:
DIY Rose Quartz Healing Necklace.
- 1 strand [use 22] #21-000-029-67 Dyed Rose Quartz Gemstone Bead, 8x10mm Egg
- 1 each #21-644-029 Dyed Rose Quartz Gemstone Donut, 40mm
- 1 each #39-181-54-5 JBB Antiqued Silver Plated Toggle Clasp, Shield Design (Clearance)
- 1 ounce [use 68"] #64-528-SF Silver Filled Jewelry Wire, Round, 22ga, Dead Soft
- 1 ounce [use 4] #37-133-1 White Plated Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm
- 1 each #86-322 XL GEL Liver of Sulphur, 2 oz. (Optional)
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2" (Optional)
- #69-292 The BeadSmith Beader's Mini Travel Kit