Put a Half a Bird on It Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Follow instructions that come with BIGkick to emboss brass blank.
- File the corners on the blank.
- Use the reliefing block to polish the high points of the embossed design.
- Add a jump ring bail to the embossed pendant charm.
- Cut the Rattail cord to desired length and use adhesive to seal the tail ends; allow to dry.
- String the pendant on to the necklace cord and center.
- String three ceramic beads onto both pendant cords and position just above the jump ring.
- String the cord ends through opposite sides of the barrel bead.
- Tie knots on each cord end and clip the tails to remove the glue.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 each #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #26-114-0 Bead, Metal, 5x5mm Barrel, Large Hole
- 1 16 gram pkg [use 3] #25-080-981 Bead, Ceramic, Heishi, 8x2mm
- 1 pair [use 1] #88-102-05-0 Blank, Square, 20mm
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-145-6 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 spool [use 34-36"] #61-741-44 Rattail™, Size 1 Weight (Standard)
- #69-325-003 DecoEmboss™ Die, Woodland Birds
- #69-324 Sizzix® BIGkick™, Vintaj® Edition
- #69-275-53 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-58 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-252-01-4 Tool, Flat File, 6", #4 Cut
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block