Prosperity After the Rain Earring Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Use the metal hole punch to punch a hole in each round blank for attaching the ear wires.
- Choose a metal design stamp to decorate the blank.
- Use tape to secure the blank to the steel block to keep it from moving.
- Carefully stamp the blank in desired locations.
- If you choose, patina the metal to highlight the stamped impressions. Remember to patina your pieces before finishing the earrings.
- Cut four 10-12" pieces of waxed linen.
- Fold each piece in half and use a lark's-head knot to attach 2 pieces to each stamped metal ring.
- Add the trade beads and metal heishi in a random pattern to the pieces of linen cord.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- Add any number of beads you want, depending on how long you want your earrings. The longest beaded strands in this design are roughly 1.75", with an overall earring length of 3".
- To secure the beads on the cord, tie an overhand knot, and use a metal awl to tighten up the knot against the last bead.
- Cut off the excess cording leaving a 0.5" tail.
- Use chain-nose pliers to open the loop on the ear wires, and attach the metal blanks.
- 1 each #44-780-25 Copper Blank, Ring, 22mm, Stamped
- 1 gross [use 2] #34-223-8 Stainless Steel Ear Wire, French Hook w/ 4mm Loop and Copper Plated Ball, 144 per pack.
- 1 strand [use 60-70 beads] #22-135-MED Trade Beads, Christmas Beads, Medium
- 1 strand [use 40-50] #22-314-CU Trade Beads, Heishi-Style, Ethiopian
- 1 spool [use four 10-12" pieces] #61-427-20 Waxed Linen Cord, 5 ply, 25yd - Denim Blue
- 1 each #86-322 XL GEL Liver of Sulfur, 2 oz.
- #69-271-03 EURO TOOL Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-345 EURO TOOL Hammer, Brass, 2lb
- #69-238-L EURO TOOL Long Neck Hole Punch, Round, 1.5mm hole
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2", 20 per pack.
- #69-245-19 EURO TOOL Stamp, Rain Cloud
- #69-384 ImpressArt Stamp Straight Tape
- #65-801 Kemper Mfg. Inc. Awl, Metal
- #69-108 Tool, Steel Square Block, 2.3"