Pretty Posy Filigree Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Mix the adhesive according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Apply masking tape to the back side of the filigrees. This will prevent the adhesive from leaking through the openings.
- Apply adhesive to the back side of the flat back crystal and center it on the filigree and press gently. Repeat with the second filigree and crystal.
- Set the pieces aside in a warm area to cure. Curing overnight is usually best.
- Once cured, remove the masking tape from the back side of each filigree piece.
- To finish each earring, simply add a kidney-wire earring finding to the top of the filigree piece and then pinch the earring loop closed with chain-nose pliers.
- 1 6-pack (use 2 pieces) #02-078-34-468 Swarovski 34ss Burgundy DeLite 2078 Xirius Rose Flat-Back Crystals, Hotfix
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #44-116-6 22mm Antiqued Brass Plated Filigree, Flower
- 1 half-gross (use 2 pieces) #34-172-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Kidney Ear Wire, 47mm
- 1 each #60-215-100 Swarovski Adhesive, 9030 CG500
- #69-275-53 Baby Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- Narrow stir stick/adhesive applicator
- Disposable work surface
- Masking Tape