Pink Patina Jellyfish Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to emboss the brass blanks.
- Use the bending pliers to gently curve the brass blanks.
- Dab the "patina" on with a felt-pad applicator and allow to dry. Use the reliefing block to polish the high points.
- Cut the chain into four pieces, two that are 3" and two that are 2.5". Add a wire-wrapped bicone bead to each chain end.
- Use a small jump ring to connect a brass tag, and a long and a short chain dangle together. Repeat with the other second set of components.
- Use a large jump ring to connect the tag dangle to the ear clip, and repeat.
- Add a fluted hogan bead to each ear clip; leave free floating or use glue to secure in place.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 gross [use 2] #26-453-6 Bead, 3mm Fluted Hogan
- 1 pair #88-102-17-0 Blank, Luggage Tag, 21x13mm
- 1 spool [use 9"] #40-099-13-6 Chain, Footage, Cable, 2.1mm
- 1 doz [use 2] #05-328-04-151 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 doz [use 2] #05-328-04-415 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 0.5 gross [use 2] #34-389-51-6 French Clip, Plain w/Loop
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-415-6 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-178-6 Jump Ring, Round, 10mm
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-133-6 Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm
- 1 ea [use ruby color] #86-420-999 Patina Kit, Vintaj
- #69-325-001 DecoEmboss™ Die, Butterfly Swirls
- #69-324 Sizzix® BIGkick™, Vintaj® Edition
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-228 Tool, Pliers, Bracelet Bending, Nylon Jaw
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Felt applicator pad (available from craft store)
- Paper towels