Picasso's Cubes Beaded Bead Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Use right angle bead weaving stitch to create two cube shaped beaded beads using 2-hole tile beads.
- These beaded beads are inspired by Anna Elizabeth Draeger's "Cubist Cuties" project in her book,Great Designs for Shaped Beads: Tilas, Peanuts, & Daggers.
- Substitute Czech 2-hole tile beads for Tilas, and use 4mm rondelle sparkly glass instead of 3mm bicones.
- A limited stock of 2mm faceted glass rondelle beads may be found at the Rings & Things Spokane Showroom or substitute 2mm faceted round Swarovski crystals.
- Keep the thread from tangling by coating it with Thread Heaven.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- 1 1 strand [use 20] #28-000-010-021 Crystal Beads, Faceted Rondelle, 4mm - Black
- 1 1 pkg of 100 [use 8] #23-056-1058 CzechMates Czech Glass Bead, 2-Hole Tile, 6mm - Picasso - Yellow
- 1 tube [use 112] #20-226-904 Miyuki Seed Bead, size 15/0 - Metallic Gold Color
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #37-091-20-3 Silver Plated Ball End Head Pin, Thin, 2"
- 1 pkg of 5 pair [use 1 pair] #54-150-25 Stainless Steel Leverback Hoop Earring, 25mm Round
- 1 vial [use 48] #20-228-613 TOHO Glass Seed Bead, Matte Gray, size 11/0, Matte, 2.1mm
- 1 tube [use two 30-36" pieces of black] #61-719-01 The BeadSmith Super-Lon, D - Earth Assortment
- #65-000-10 Beading Needle, Size 10
- #69-292 The BeadSmith Beader's Mini Travel Kit
- #69-023 Thread Heaven Thread Conditioner and Protectant®
- 1 strand [use 28] 2mm faceted rondelle glass beads