Pansy Under Glass Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Use a glass cutter to trim glass to size of your image. Clean the glass pieces.
- Sandwich paper between the glass pieces and carefully wrap the glass with copper-foil tape. To create a tight seal, burnish the foil to the glass (a Sharpie pen handle makes a great burnishing tool).
- Use soft solder to seal and finish your pendant. Helpful techniques can be found in our blog post (linked below).
- To create the macrame section of the necklace, refer to a good macrame book.
- The chain in this project is unsoldered, so don't cut the links open. Use 2 pair of pliers to open link at desired length.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 8] #23-011-282 Bead, Glass, Dagger, 11x5mm (Amethyst)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 4] #23-011-102 Bead, Glass, Dagger, 11x5mm (Topaz)
- 1 spool [use 12"] #40-099-21-1 Chain, Footage, Drawn Flattened Cable, 4.8mm (White)
- 1 doz [use 1] #39-349-1 Clasp, Lobster, 15mm (White)
- 2 ea #27-630-03-5 Cone, Cast, Organic Design (Antiqued Silver Plated)
- 1 ea #69-095-01 Copper Foil Tape, Simply Swank, 1/4", 15' Feet
- 1 ea [use 60" each of 2 colors] 61-214-20-003 Cord, Hemp Cord, 20lb Test (Pastel)
- 1 ea #69-078 Flux, Liquid, LA-CO® Brite, 4oz
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-423-1 Head Pin, 3", Standard (White)
- 1 oz [use 15] #37-100-1 Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes (White)
- 1 pkg of 24 [use 2] #83-505-03 Ranger Memory Glass™, 2" Square, 24 per pack.
- 1 ea #69-068 Solder, Choice™
#69-417 Soldering Iron, Hakko®, 60W Additional Supplies
- #69-273-99 Tool, Ecco, Four-Piece Set
- #69-400 Tool, Forceps, 8", Straight
- #69-377 Tool, Glass Cutter, Econo TX
- 2 floral images cut to size
- Glass cleaner
- Ruler (ask for a free Rings & Things ruler in your next order!)