On the Bias Corrugated Metal Earring Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Corrugate the metal blanks by feeding them through the Tube-Wringer® on the diagonal. Squeeze the hand grip to maintain even pressure while turning the turn key.
- TIP: Wear rubber-coated work gloves when using the Tube-Wringer. They cushion your hands and improve the grip!
- Use a 3M™ superfine sanding sponge (500-600 grit) and a Brilliant polishing cloth to polish the high points of corrugated blank.
- Gently curve the corrugated blank using the bracelet bending pliers.
- Adorn the jump ring with beads of your choice.
- To assemble each earring: Twist open the ear wire loop; add the bead-adorned jump ring and corrugated blank and then close the loop.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 ounce [use 2] #37-178-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Jump Ring, Round, 10mm
- 1 pkg of 50 grams [use 2] #23-264-401 Czech Glass Bead, "E" Beads, Size 6/0 - Sea Green
- 1 dozen [use 2] #34-563-20-SF TierraCast® Silver-Filled Ear Wire, French Hook Plain
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 8] #49-957-04-1 TierraCast® White Plated Heishi Beads, Cast, 4mm Heishi
- 1 pair #88-102-02-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Blank, Rectangle, 32x18mm
- #69-257-0003 3M Sanding Sponges, 500-600 Grit
- #69-271-03 EURO TOOL Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-08 EURO TOOL Glitter, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-306-P Pliers, Bracelet Bending, Nylon Jaw
- #63-537 EURO TOOL Polishing Cloth, Brilliant
- #69-118 Tool, Rubber Block
- #69-602 Tube-Wringer® Corrugating Tool
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- Rubber-coated work gloves