October Hoop Earrings Tutorial
This design uses light rose Swarovski crystals, perfect for an October birthstone gift, but could be easily modified to use any birthstone color.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Using 26-gauge wire, make a wrapped-wire loop at the top of the briolette. For step-by-step instructions, see "How to Wire-Wrap a Briolette".
- Squeeze hoop to open, slide the wire-wrapped briolette onto it, and close the hoop.
- Slide the hoop onto a kidney ear wire, and use round-nose pliers to gently crimp the loop of the kidney wire. (Click into the kidney wire's product details for an illustration.)
- Add a crystal bicone, a silver rondelle bead, and another bicone to the ear wire.
- Repeat for other earrings.
- 2 each #42-240-01-3 TierraCast Small Wire Hoop Charm Holder - Silver Plated
- 2 each #06-010-13-17 Swarovski 6010 Briolette Pendant, 13mm - Light Rose
- 1 dozen (use 4 beads) #05-328-04-17 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Light Rose
- 1 100-pack (use 2 beads) #26-155-32-3 Silver Plated Metal Beads, Rondelle, 3.2mm
- 1 72-pack #34-173-3 Silver Plated Kidney Ear Wire, 25mm
- 1 spool #46-456-21 Artistic Wire Silver Plated Copper Jewelry Wire, 26ga, 90ft
- Tapered Flush Cutter
- Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- Chain-Nose Pliers
- Round-Nose Pliers