Noble Fir Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Create a COPPRclay™ pendant following the manufacturer's guidelines included with the clay and your kiln.
- Mollie made her own pattern sheet by taking a piece of textured wallpaper and punching a branch design in it.
- Pre-roll your clay to 8-card thickness, and then lay the paper beneath and roll again to 6 card thickness.
- Remove paper, and cut to the desired shape (Mollie cut an oval), then create a hole for hanging the pendant.
- Allow the piece to fully dry, and sand as needed before firing. Once fired, patina and polish if desired.
- Add the hook to the pendant; this serves as a curly bail.
- String the suede lace through the hook bail. Cut cording to desired finished length. Continued Below...
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- String the beads as shown: copper-twist bead, Calypso bead, and copper-twist bead.
- Finish the cord ends with center-crimp loops, then use double jump rings to attach the toggle clasp.
- 1 ea #28-356-07-001 Bead, Calypso™, Snakeskin (Brown/ White)
- 2 ea #26-813-300 Bead, Copper, Ring, Triple Twist (Limited Stock) (Antiqued Copper)
- 2 ea #41-151-99-30-8 Center-Crimp Tube with Loop, 2.8mm I.D. (Copper Plated)
- 1 gross [use 1] #39-293-7 Clasp, Hook and Eye (Antiqued Copper Plated)
- 1 ea #39-152-10-AC Clasp, Toggle, Heirloom (Antiqued Copper Plated)
- 1 ea #87-100 COPPRclay™, Combo Pack (Copper)
- 1 spool [use 22"] #61-693-12 Cord, Suede Lace, 3mm (Medium Brown)
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-136-7 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm (Antiqued Copper Plated)
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz. Bottle
- #69-275-53 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-58 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-043 Tool, Scissors, Extra-Large Loop (Stainless Steel)
- A kiln appropriate for firing copper clay
- Metal clay tools dedicated for use with copper clay
- Textured wallpaper (from home improvement center)
- Branch-shaped paper punch (from Martha Stewart)