Never Enough Pendant Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
- Clean the glass pieces.
- Cut images, phrases and paper to fit the glass slide. Glue images and words to the paper.
- Sandwich paper between the glass pieces and carefully wrap the glass with copper-foil tape. To create a tight seal, burnish the foil to the glass (a Sharpie pen handle makes a great burnishing tool).
- Use soft solder to seal and finish your pendant. Helpful techniques can be found in our blog post (linked below) and in Lisa Bluhm's book Simple Soldered Jewelry and Accessories.
- If you are using a jump ring for a hanging loop, add it now. (Choose a jump ring that is large enough to slide the cord through.) Allow the piece to cool.
- Clean the pendant and remove any excess flux.
- Attach crystals to cord with jump rings.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies To purchase components, add quantities to corresponding "Add" fields..
- 1 ea #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 ea [use various words] #83-230-07 Art Sheet, Simply Swank, Queens & Divas
- 1 ea #69-095-02 Copper Foil Tape, Simply Swank, 5/16", 15' Feet
- 1 doz [use 1] #05-000-04-191 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Round, 4mm (Cyclamen Opal)
- 1 doz [use 1] #06-228-10-405 Crystal, Pendant, Heart, 10mm (Crystal/ Bronze Shade)
- 1 ea #69-078 Flux, Liquid, LA-CO® Brite, 4oz
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-422-1 Head Pin, 2", Standard (White)
- 1 oz [use 3] #37-136-1 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm (White)
- 1 box of 72 [use 2] #83-500 Microscope Slide, Glass, 3x1" (Clear)
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #61-052-01-02 Silkie, Flocked, 16" (Black)
- 1 ea #69-068 Solder, Choice™
- #62-039 Book, Simple Soldered Jewelry and Accessories
- #83-101 Sharpie®, Extra Fine Point (Black) #69-417 Soldering Iron, Hakko®, 60W
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-375 Tool, Simply Swank, Heat Proof Solder Mat
- Copyright-free images
- Paper towel
- Rubbing alcohol
- Scrapbooking paper