Nested Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Re-purposed wire balls make divine nests. Nestling a favorite gemstone, special crystal or found object into an accommodating wire home makes a delightful pendant.
- Before nestling the bead or object in place, apply patina to the wire ball, extra wire, toggle clasp and bail.
- Re-shape the wire ball, and then embed your object into place. Use 3-6"of additional wire to secure the object in the nest.
- Use adhesive to attach the nest to the bail. For a more professional finish, drill holes into the bail and wire the nest onto it, thus avoiding the need for adhesives.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 each #60-265 Adhesive, E-6000, 0.5oz
- 1 each [use 3-6"] #46-400-54 Artistic Wire®, 20ga, 45ft
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #41-792-01-8 Bail, Tube Top for Gluing, Small
- 1 strand [use 1] #20-465-X Bead, Chinese Turquoise, Tibetan Style, Extra Large
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #24-120-01-8 Bead, Metal, Wire Ball, 20mm
- 1 spool [use 20"] #40-099-35-7 Chain, Footage, Flattened Long & Short, 4.1mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-154-AC Clasp, Toggle, Cast, Small, Scalloped (not shown)
- 1 ounce [use 2] #37-136-7 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm 159 Clasp, Toggle, Cast, Small, Scalloped (not shown)
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-291 Tool, Set, Zebra Stripe, Six-Piece Set