Nested Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Nestling a favorite gemstone, special crystal or found object into an accommodating wire home makes a delightful pendant.
- Loosely chaos-wrap a ball shape with the copper wire. Flatten the middle to make a nest for the bead.
- Before nestling the bead or object in place, apply patina to the wire ball, extra wire, toggle clasp and bail.
- Use 3-6" of additional wire to secure the object in the nest. Re-shape the wire ball as necessary, and then embed your object into place.
- Use adhesive to attach the nest to the bail. For a more professional finish, drill holes into the bail and wire the nest onto it, thus avoiding the need for adhesives.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 each [use 3-6"] #47-405-204 20ga Bare Copper Wire
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #41-792-01-8 Bail, Tube Top for Gluing, Small
- 1 strand [use 1] #20-465-X Bead, Chinese Turquoise, Tibetan Style, Extra Large (not always available)
- 1 spool [use 20"] #40-099-35-7 Chain, Footage, Flattened Long & Short, 4.1mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-154-AC Clasp, Toggle, Cast, Small, Scalloped (not shown)
- 1 ounce [use 2] #37-136-7 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 each #60-265 Adhesive, E-6000, 0.5oz
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-291 Tool, Set, Zebra Stripe, Six-Piece Set