Moon over Malaga Hair Pin Tutorial
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Rivets work best on flat surfaces. When texturing your disk, make sure that a portion (near the center) will have a flat spot at least as big as the rivet's head.
- Texture the Vintaj metal blank, following the BIGkick/Big Shot instructions. To bring out the texture, buff both sides with Vintaj metal reliefing block.
- To prevent denting the pattern in the disk, replace the original piercing base with the domed piercing base (#69-902).
- Determine the spot to pierce each component. Pierce each component separately, then rivet together.
- If you glue the components together instead of riveting them, see: Gluing Hints for Metal Findings (PDF)
- Wire-wrap the beads, and use a jump ring to hang from the existing hole in the disk.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 strand [use 1] #28-000-014-902 Bead, Glass, Faceted Round, 10mm, Mix
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #23-448-081 Bead, Glass, Firepolish, Round, 8mm
- 1 pair [use 1] #88-102-03-0 Blank, Round, 25mm
- 1 doz [use 1] #30-282-03-6 Hair Pin, 15mm Flat Pad
- 1 oz [use 3] #37-415-6 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-145-6 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #69-920-01-2 Rivet, 1/16", Sample Pack
- #69-325-008 DecoEmboss™ Die, DistressTexture
- #69-500 Sizzix® Big Shot Jewelry Studio
- #69-902 Tool, 1/16" Domed Piercing Base
- #69-900 Tool, 1/16" Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-272-02 Tool, EUROnomic, Round-Nose Pliers, 4.75"
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block