Monkey Go Round Ring Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Cut a 6-8" piece of wire and bend 90 degrees in the middle. Make a spiral with one end with a large enough diameter to fit in the bezel cup.
- For more information on making spirals, check out Handcrafted Wire Findings (#62-190).
- Add an 18-20mm diameter disk bead (such as #29-110) as a spacer.
- Add the filigrees, sock monkey, cut the excess wire and coil the end. Use nylon coated pliers to keep the wire from marring.
- Place an adhesive dot in the bottom of the ring and seat the stacked component in the ring bezel. or for extra security, consider using resin to hold the stack in place.
- The 16-gauge wire is slightly smaller than the holes in the filigrees, allowing them to spin.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 gross [use 1] #60-302 Adhesive, Dot, 10mm Round
- 1 ea #51-701-233-2 Amate Studios Brass Finger Ring Blank, Adjustable, Round Brass Bezel, 23mm
- 1 strand [use 1, not shown] #29-110 Bead, Heishi, 20mm
- 1 strand [use 1] #28-335-41 Bead, Sock Monkey Head
- 1 pkg of 6 [use 1] #44-180-062-211 Filigree, Kaleidoscope, 40mm
- 1 doz [use 1] #44-114-6 Filigree, Wavy Square
- 1 spool [use 6-8"] #47-201-SP Wire, Red Brass, 16ga, Round, 32'
- #62-190 Book, Handcrafted Wire Findings
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-271-91 Tool, Glitter, Nylon Jaw, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #82-503-06 SuperClear Resin, 6oz kit