Milky Way Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Melissa Rhoades
- Use round-nose pliers to open the figure-8 links of the spiral plaque chain to make two 1½" long chain sections.
- Make dangles using gemstones and head pins, attaching one to each chain section before completing your wrapped loops.
- Attach the other end of each chain section directly to an ear wire.
- French wire keepers help keep earrings in place, both on clip cards and on people's ears.
- If you like these earrings, check out the matching "Milky Way Chainmaille Necklace".
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 strand [use 2] #21-890-216 Bead, Gemstone, Faceted Round, 10mm
- 1 foot [use two 1.5" pieces] #40-440-1 Chain, Footage, Spiral Link
- 1 gross [use 2] #33-961 French Wire Keepers, Clear
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-415-1 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin
- 1 gross [use 2] #34-362-3 Silver Plated Ear Wire, French Hook, Plain
- #69-269-02 Tool, German, Round-Nose Pliers, 4.5"
- #65-396 Tool, Pliers, Bent Chain Nose, 5"
- #65-330 Tool, Pliers, Chain Nose, Non-Serrated, 5"
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter