1. Put a dot where you want the hole.
2. Slide piece (dot side down) into the appropriate end of the tool.
3. Look in hole on bottom of tool to center your dot.
4. Turn screw clockwise, while holding your piece firmly to prevent scratches.
5. When a tiny circle falls out of the bottom, you've punched your hole.
6. Release by unscrewing until your piece falls off on its own - do not attempt to pull your punched piece off!
Step #6 will help prevent breakage. If you pull the punched piece off, you are likely to bend the tool. Even a slight bend weakens it for future punches.
Replacement parts are available: #69-235-R1 and #69-235-R2.
See Related Products tab for products and projects that go with this item.